Monday, June 2, 2014


New Direction.....New Start

     When I first began my blog I wanted to try and showcase as many of my crafts as possible. Well if you look at my previous posts I wasn't very consistent. So I decided, when I was ready, to try to post at least twice a week, one day a craft and another day a recipe. So I've finally decided I'm ready and for my first post for my second blog attempt I'm going to start with a recipe....Hope you enjoy!

~Sinful Sara

P.S. Please be advised that I'm not a "trained chef" just a cook. Sometimes I don't always "measure" ingredients per say but I will try to give you as detailed an account of each creation as I can.

Wheat Pasta w/shrimp

 in a tomato cream sauce

 
Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs. Raw Shrimp (devein em and shell em or if your a lil lazy buy pre-cooked)
3/4 c. clam juice 
1/4 lbs. bacon
3/4 c. heavy cream
a bunch of basil (how much you use depends on your taste buds)
5-6 cloves of garlic chopped (add more or less as you prefer)
2 8oz. cans of tomato sauce
Cajun seasoning (I like WEBER N'Orleans Cajun but use whatever you prefer)
1 box whole wheat linguini (or whichever pasta you prefer, with this sauce I think a penne would work as well)
Kosher Salt (I just prefer it but use what you like)
Black Pepper


Directions

1. Fill up your pasta pot with....really?? I hope you know water! Oh yeah and a little salt to season, some people add after it starts to boil but eh in my personal cooking opinion it doesn't matter.Anywho put the bad boy on the stove and start it to boil.

2. Once your pot of water is on the stove get out your saute pan, I recommend a 5 qt. at least, and put it on the stove on medium high heat. While pan is heating cut your bacon first length wise in half then width wise into small little chunks. Cook bacon until crispy and then drain on a plate with paper towels or however you drain your bacon. Turn down the heat to medium

3. Your water should be ready by now so pop your pasta in and drop your colander into the sink. 

4. Return saute pan to the stove, should be on medium heat now if you've been following along. Toss in your chopped garlic and stir until you start to smell it, I'd say about 20 seconds and yes I would count. Then add, in no particular order although I prefer this order, clam juice, tomato sauce and then cream.



5. Once this is simmering and well combined I add my basil but, since i like to get fancy I save some to garnish the finished dish. My pasta is usually done around this time too so I drain it

6. I take some of the Cajun Seasoning and and sprinkle it on the shrimp before I put 'em in. now I DID NOT MEASURE how much I used you will need to decide how spicy you want yours or if you want to use the cajun seasoning at all, just to let you know you don't have to if you don't want to. 



7. Drop the cajun seasoned, or unseasoned, shrimp into the sauce and cook until their pink about 5 minutes does the trick, oh and add the basil too.

8. After the sauce and shrimp are done I remove the saute pan from the stove and add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss 'em together. You toss this in a big serving dish if you wanted to get fancy schmancy but since it was just dinner for a regular 'ol night I just did it in the pan.

9. I garnish with some of the chopped basil and fresh grated Parmesan, I won't buy that powdery stuff in the plastic container I don't care how much the hubby says it doesn't matter or that it tastes ok, that's just no bueno.



Hope you enjoy this recipe because I know my hubby sure loved eating it!!
Oh yeah and I serve mine with french bread because I prefer the soft bread not crunchy,
Italians everywhere will now hate me but the one I married doesn't mind so pbbbbt!


No comments:

Post a Comment